Are you looking for the next step in your transport career, if so look no further
First Bus UK have an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager to develop, own and lead our operations team in Reading (RailAir, Yellow School Bus & Coaching).
As the Business Manager you will ensure safe, punctual, reliable and cost effective delivery of services. You will use your business acumen and management skills to proactively develop the business and enhance the offering available to customers. You will relish the challengers set and chance to broaden your commercial capability. We are looking for a self-motivated, hands on leader of people – someone who will show passion for great customer service and make the role their own by leading by example.
We want you to feel rewarded, valued and engaged and in return we will offer a salary of circa £32-35k depending on skills and experience. You will also benefit from a wide ranging rewards package that includes benefits such as a free bus pass on all First services, discounts on train travel, enrolment in our pension scheme after a qualifying period and many more.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing a local developing operational bus facility within the Operating Company, reporting to the Business Performance Director (BPD).
- Managing and deliver KPI’s to include, customer satisfaction, injury prevention, staff retention, passenger injuries and collision rate reduction.
- Ensuring that all areas of the unit deliver to the highest standard and meets the operational needs of the Operating Company.
- Maintaining an effective and constructive relationship with the Trade Union at all times.
- Actively promoting, developing and encouraging new revenue generating ideas, liaising with the BPD and others as required.
- Liaising with all internal and external bodies linked to our high profile luxury airport service and our home to school operations to help provide excellent journey experiences, to improve performance in respect of lost mileage and punctuality.
To provide accurate feedback on operational cost and capabilities to Operating Company.
As a Business Manager you will have Financial Management Skills and Commercial awareness and acumen. You will be computer literate, solution focused and have great communication and influencing skills. Knowledge of the health and safety legislation, Road and Traffic Act and employment legislation is essential. Most important will be your ability to influence and drive positive change through your passion for customer service and achieving excellence. If you have this passion and ability to lead teams independently and want to grasp this exciting opportunity then we want to hear from you.
To apply please use the following link: https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/first-uk-bus-business-manager-4562-uk-bus—reading/4590/description/
REMEMBER: When you contact a company to enquire about the job they are advertising say that you saw it on passengertransport.co.uk